Sago Boulevard

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Why Does the Left Hate Israel?

For all of you world leaders racking your brains to figure out a way to end terrorism in the world, just listen to Cindy Shehan: "You get America out of Iraq and Israel out of Palestine and you'll stop the terrorism."

First of all, Palestinian violence against Israelis long preceded the State, let alone the Occupation. More to the point though, the Left is making itself sound ridiculous by holding her up as a hero.

I've been a Democrat since I first registered to vote and I still am. Where are my Democratic leaders when Bush, Rice, and Rumsfeld stick out their neck for Israel over and over again, defending her from the senseless Euro-Arab antisemitism? Why do I only hear right-wing pundits praise Israel as the bastion of freedom and liberty that she is? Why are liberals turning their backs on their most loyal voters in the history of the country?